Hello, I'm trying to understand <asset versioning ...
# ask-community
r
Hello, I'm trying to understand asset versioning and caching. I'm rematerializing an upstream asset with a static code version and output content. Despite upstream code version and data version remaining unchanged after each materialization, the downstream asset is always rematerialized through reconciliation sensor. How can I prevent downstream assets materialization when upstream code and data version did not change ?
🤖 1
s
Hi Lucas, the asset reconciliation sensor currently does not take account of “Staleness” as represented in dagit. The behavior of the asset reconciliation sensor is described here: https://docs.dagster.io/_apidocs/schedules-sensors#dagster.build_asset_reconciliation_sensor We recognize that this is very confusing, and we are going to be landing an integration of freshness policies and the version-based staleness system very soon which will address this issue.
đź‘Ť 1
r
Hello @sean, Thank you for the update. I'm also trying to move from Schedule to Freshness/Reconciliation sensor for our time-partitioned assets. I was trying to translate a Schedule with N minutes offset into a Freshness with "N * * * *" cron in order to only trigger materialization at Nth minute past the hour. It does not seem to work (yet?). Can I expect the integration you mentionned to solve this issue ?