I mentioned that the documentation doesn't show ho...
# dagster-feedback
c
I mentioned that the documentation doesn't show how to actually setup logging, however never really got a response. The links on the loggers page are sadly broken, and i cannot seem to figure out how to setup the Json_console_logger as the default logger. It seems the documentation is lacking in this area
t
Sorry for not getting back to you last week on this! Yeah, I acknowledge and apologize for the spottiness on the Loggers docs. It's experimental, but I've leaning more on the Python Logger. Have you tried it out? You can point it to different log handlers, ie. a JSONL logger from pip. https://docs.dagster.io/concepts/logging/python-logging#configuring-python-log-handlers-
c
I ended up utilizing the dagster.yaml solution, as you mention (after initially wasting some confusion time, realizing that i didn't see the expected format in the console when debugging, then realizing that that dagit dev didn't seem to respect the logger 😛 ) but was a bit confused / annoyed that it seems not all messages utilize the logger. For a given container, the first couple of logs are written in the standard format/logger... WAIT it's because it both logs the standard way to stdout as well as to the new json logger.So i'll get all the messages in non-json format followed by the json format. That means i'll have to use some other means than logging to console with json, because i'll get the logs duplicated.