Is there a possibility in the UI to see all error ...
# ask-community
m
Is there a possibility in the UI to see all error level logs from runs? In the console I saw that some of the runs logged errors (but still succeeded). I would now like to pin point which runs exactly did so...
j
hi @moritz are you trying to view the error logs for a particular job that failed, or are you looking for a page that shows all error logs for all jobs and allows you to then link to the run that produced the error logs?
m
More the latter. The jobs don't actually fail but simply send some messages to
context.log.error
. I have a rather large number of these jobs and was wondering if there is an easy way to identify the runs that did emit error messages.
j
in the error log output there might be run info in the error message itself. for example a debug message like this
Copy code
2023-03-23 15:52:49 -0400 - dagster - DEBUG - __ASSET_JOB - b8c6d17f-984d-45e2-9d2a-21916bcac7f9 - 85351 - RUN_SUCCESS - Finished execution of run for "__ASSET_JOB".
tells you the job name and run id
__ASSET_JOB - b8c6d17f-984d-45e2-9d2a-21916bcac7f9
should be the same in error messages
m
Yeah, I can definitely scrape it from the raw log messages. Since I don't have anything handy attached like ELK in local development, I was just curious if there is a way to see all log messages of a particular job (invoked by multiple run requests via a sensor). It doesn't look like there is which is totally okay. Probably a very fringe use-case.