Ran into an issue when testing a schedule for a st...
# ask-community
c
Ran into an issue when testing a schedule for a static-partitioned asset. I saw that
run_request_for_partition
is deprecated, so I switched to yielding a
RunRequest
but now I get this:
Copy code
dagster._core.errors.DagsterInvariantViolationError: Attempted to access repository_def, but no repository_def was provided.
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/dagster/_grpc/impl.py", line 329, in get_external_schedule_execution
    return schedule_def.evaluate_tick(schedule_context)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/dagster/_core/definitions/schedule_definition.py", line 774, in evaluate_tick
    if context.repository_def is None:
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/dagster/_core/definitions/schedule_definition.py", line 305, in repository_def
    raise DagsterInvariantViolationError(
s
@claire - are you able to take a look at this one?
c
yep, @Charlie Bini would you mind sharing a code snippet of what you're doing in the unit test and how you created your schedule context?
c
c
I think you'll need to add
repository_def
to
build_schedule_context
. This is because we now allow defining a schedule with just the job name, and yielding a run request for that job, which means that we have to load the repository to validate the partition when only the job name is provided
c
so don't use the schedule decorator?
c
Though I think we can fix this issue when the job is directly provided to the schedule, as you did in your code
ah, no, I mean in your unit test you probably do something like:
Copy code
with build_schedule_context(...) as context:
    result  = my_schedule(context)
so if you wanted to fix this now you would specify
build_schedule_context(repository_def=...)
which should fix the issue
c
oh I see, this isn't happening on a literal unit test. I'm trying it out in our staging environment and it pops up when I click Test Schedule
c
ahhh I see. I'll take a look at this
c
presumably it would error out in the same way after a schedule tick
c
thanks for reporting, https://github.com/dagster-io/dagster/pull/13429 will fix this in the next release
👍 1