Hey I'm using dagster cloud and having problems wi...
# ask-community
m
Hey I'm using dagster cloud and having problems with software defined assets. I have multiple assets defined and use
build_asset_reconciliation_sensor
to materialize all assets. Sometimes one of the assets fails to materialize in the run triggered by sensor and the failed run event is not shown in asset catalog detail in events tab. Any idea why this is happening ? I would expect to see also failed runs.
c
Hi Marek. In the asset details page, would you mind attaching a screenshot of what you're seeing? I'm curious if the asset is displaying as failed, or if you're expecting to see a specific event for the failed run
m
Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 20.38.34.png,Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 20.37.39.png
as you can see the run was executed at 11 AM and failed but there is no event for it in the asset event detail tab
c
Hm... you should see a bar at the top if the latest run for the asset failed:
We don't currently display events for failed steps, as the event wasn't successfully yielded at the end of the step
m
Well thats strange 😕 I've noticed that every other asset that was able to complete has in the event history that this run faild
From every other asset I can see that run
c818446b
failed. But the one asset that failed does not have the event log. I would expect to see it especially on the one that failed. What do you think ?
c
That makes sense to me. I imagine that we'd have to add a "materialization failed" type of event to display in the sidebar, which we currently don't have. I'd recommend filing an issue for this so we can track it in our backlog and so our UI team can take a look.
m
Hey @claire I've created the issue for it on github https://github.com/dagster-io/dagster/issues/13591 What are the next steps ? How complicated do you think it is ? I can create PR for it maybe.
c
Thanks for filing Marek! I've responded on the issue. Not sure about what changes are required yet--I cc'ed some members of our UI team to gather thoughts
m
Ok, thanks I will leave it to your team to figure it out. Thanks