I have a scheduling question... I had a flow sched...
# ask-community
c
I have a scheduling question... I had a flow scheduled to run at 1:15am. It is working fine. Due to the timing of an external dependency, I needed to change the schedule to 2:15am. So, all I did was
cron_schedule="15 2 * * 1-5"
in the schedule definition (changing the 1 to to a 2). When I pushed this change, the flow automatically started to run again, even though it just ran successfully a few hours ago. Is that a bug? Or is there another way to make these schedule changes where it remembers that it successfully ran within the window provided?
d
One way to get around this is to turn the schedule off before changing the time, then turn it back on - the way it works right now is it looks for the next time after the most recent tick that satisfies the cron string. We could probably make it detect these changes better and start the clock over whenever it detects that the cron string has changed, but the workaround I mentioned above should work today.
❤️ 1
c
So, if I toggle the schedule off in dagit, then push a change with
default_status=DefaultScheduleStatus.RUNNING
, will that also avoid the problem? Or do I then need to manually toggle the schedule back on?
d
You would still need to manually toggle the schedule back on in that case
c
Thanks, Daniel! 🙂