Hi! I would like to ask if I can use the Class-bas...
# integration-bigquery
a
Hi! I would like to ask if I can use the Class-based resource mentioned in this Github page on
bigquery_resource
API from
dagster_gcp
?
s
Hey Akira many Python resource frontends are going out with this week’s release, including Big Query (PR)
a
Hello! Thank you for your reply! I see, then I will wait for the new evolution to the API this week 😉 Also, I would like to ask question about
bq_op_for_queries
this API. I'm not quite sure how to use it as there's not any documentation about it. Would I get the result of my query directly if I use this API?
j
hey @Akira Chang for
bigquery_op_for_queries
yes you will get a returned list where each entry is the dataframe result for each passed query. There isn’t much documentation, but here’s a link to the source code for the op for reference, and i’m happy to answer any other questions that come up
a
Hello! Thank you for your reply! Can I use this API inside an asset?
j
since the function creates an op, and ops can’t be used inside assets, no you wouldn’t be able to use
bigquery_op_for_queries
within an asset. What are you trying to accomplish? there may be another way and an update for you on the pythonic BigQueryResource - it didn’t make it into the branch for this week’s release, but it will go out in next week’s release. Sorry for the delay!
a
okk got it! Thank you for your reply! I've found a solution to the problem I was facing previously, no worries. Looking forward for the new evolution to the API!