Hi everyone, I currently am using Dagster Cloud a...
# dagster-plus
c
Hi everyone, I currently am using Dagster Cloud and it runs well for production use case, Therefore, for development, we are currently still using local dagster, because branch deployments are not convenient :
Branch deployments forces us to wait ~3min on every commit (CD), which slows down the iterative process of development.
I was wondering if there is any easier workflow to do developments on Dagster Cloud ?
g
you can register a local agent I belive
c
Thanks for your answer, Therefore this solution works for hybrid workload. I forgot to mention I use dagster cloud in Serverless (not hybrid)
a
does local mean local on your laptop or something else?
👍 1
c
Yes exactly, local in our computers
a
Thats expected to be a good workflow for development, what problems are you having that lead you to look for something easier?
c
We meet no issues for now, It was to simplify the usage for teamates of mine that does not have experience in managing local environment (env variables, python installations, etc ... ) We are used to use DBT Cloud for the transform/modelize part of our data-platform, which offers ways to develop/test/preview/push in a seamless manneer
But if there is no easier alternative, I guess we'll stick to that !