Good afternoon - I've noticed that whenever, for w...
# ask-community
d
Good afternoon - I've noticed that whenever, for whatever reason, dagster-daemon dies, when I bring it up it immediately launches all missed scheduler ticks. Is there any way to prevent this behaviour from happening? Its causing extremely undesirable concurrent load issues...
d
Hi Dmitry - is it launching more than one tick for each schedule?
If it's just the most recent tick, that's actually expected behavior - the thinking was that if your daemon happens to go down for 5 minutes during your tick that you'd prefer it to happen a bit later. One thing we could do is file an issue for letting you set some kind of time cap on that behavior though?
d
That would be great. I have multiple schedules metering out access to a shared resource. When they all launch at the same time, the resource basically dies
d
another feature we have that can help a lot with that is tag-based concurrency limits: https://docs.dagster.io/guides/limiting-concurrency-in-data-pipelines#configuring-run-level-concurrency if you tag each run that hits the shared resource and set a limit on that tag, they won't be able to all run at the same time
(updated the link)
n
EDIT-- I checked for more recent versions of dagster and there is a bugfix for this in a newer version 1.1.13 - I will try the newest version and report back in this thread. -- @daniel sorry to resurrect this but its the only related thread I can find - My dagster-daemon is dying fairly regularly now and it's distrupting my day-to-day operations, we end up losing ~8 hours of overnight processing when this happens. I need to figure out why dagster-daemon is dying and address the root cause. Please help! Thanks, Nick
Copy code
dagster.daemon - ERROR - Stopping dagster-daemon process since the following threads are no longer sending heartbeats: ['SENSOR', 'SCHEDULER']
dagster.daemon - INFO - Shutting down daemon threads...
dagster.daemon - INFO = Daemon threads shut down.
d
no problem - would you mind making a new post and linking back to this one once you investigate if the newer version fixes it though? that will ensure that our support process keeps track of it
n
Ok will do. Version 1.13 is the one I'm hoping will resolve my issue - any chance we know what the "certain conditions" are?