Hi everyone, I wanted to share about two new exper...
# dagster-feedback
j
Hi everyone, I wanted to share about two new experimental UI features we’re working on. You’ll need to enable each feature from your User Settings for now while they are still experimental. Please give them a try and let us know what you think! 🙏🏻 New Runs page: We’re experimenting with a few changes to the runs page that make it more dense, easy to filter, and easier to manage lots of runs at once. • We’ve added a new “Created by” column which shows the user, sensor, or schedule that launched each run. You can also filter by “Created by” now too. • We’ve redesigned the filtering component and added some new filters. You can now filter runs by date. The new filters are fully operable by keyboard shortcuts too. Just hit the
f
key to quickly access the new filtering tools. • We no longer show the full list of tags on every run but you can still find all the tags in the context menu on the right side of each run and you can still filter by any tag. • _Coming soon_: you’ll be able to “super-select-all” and perform bulk actions on more than 25 runs at a time. Soon you’ll be able to perform a bulk action (like terminating or deleting runs) on all runs that match your filter query (even if it’s 100s of runs). New default scroll behavior for Graphs: Currently scrolling within a graph view zooms in and out, but we are experimenting with changing this behavior to pan around the graph instead. Our hypothesis is that moving around the graph is more useful than zooming in and out (especially for really large graphs) so we want to prioritize that action. Give it a try and let us know what you think!
😍 5
g
should this search already be able to search by asset? At least for me it looks like this is not yet possible (and this would be the most loved feature of this new search)
(at least by me)
r
Hello, Will there still be a way to easily view tags (at least those used for run concurrency) on this page ? We would like to quickly be able to identify runs that are missing these tags (which would be more difficult if we have to check run details).
v
Excited for the coming soon stuff! I also approve the new asset graph scrolling behavior, and trackpad users like me (rise up gang!) can still pinch in and out for zooming. 10/10 change. This is more on the documentation front, but I’d love to get some information on how the “Created by” column is populated (on OSS). I have a few jobs that are triggered ad-hoc by users through a slackbot and would love to tag them accordingly.
j
Thanks for the feedback guys! Going to answer a few questions here: @geoHeil: Unfortunately not yet, but this is on our radar. We just have not implemented it yet. @R Lucas: Noted. We're exploring two solutions for the use case you mentioned. • We're going to add an extra label that shows all the tags when you hover or click it. • We're going to experiment with letting you customize which tags always appear on each run. For example, you'd be able to hover over a
priority
tag and click "always show". That tag will then always appear in the list for you. @Vinnie: Awesome! I'm excited for the new graph scrolling behavior too. In regards to the "Created by" column: It's just populated by a
user
tag on the run. In Dagster Cloud we automatically add that tag for ad-hoc runs, but in OSS you have to manually add it. I agree that we need to add some documentation for this.