Can you lunch dagit so that when you modify the da...
# ask-community
f
Can you lunch dagit so that when you modify the dag (that is the source code) will restart the serverice automaticly?
c
If you are using different code location (I'm doing this with a multi-container docker deploy), Dagit will inform you when one of the code locations has been updated and give you a refresh link
f
thanks @clay, so there are not way to make it refresh automatically but it help by providing you the link where you do it manually?
c
I am unaware of a way to make it refresh automatically. However, if Dagit is aware of the fact that the code has changed, I don't know why it couldn't also be told to refresh. That would just be a call to one of the graphql endpoints, I guess?
So maybe a CI system could do it?
f
yes I think you are right, just in my use case was for debuging and I thought it could be possible to do a sort of --debug flag to make this happen.
y
is this what you’re looking for? https://github.com/dagster-io/dagster/issues/3337 (in local dev, being able to hot reload dagit) or, are you looking for non-local experience?
f
Thanks @yuhan was exactly what I was looking for!, any chance this will be be in roadmap anytime soon ?
y
it is on our roadmap! but we’re currently figuring out the sequencing of stuff to tackle. will keep you posted as soon as there’s a timeline for this feature.
f
great! thanks you for the info! I'm looking forword to hearing news about it!