Is there a suggested process for testing & tra...
# dagster-plus
j
Is there a suggested process for testing & transitioning from serverless -> hybrid while minimizing downtime? Checking the "switch to hybrid" button disables the serverless agent immediately, correct? Are we able to walk that back if we have issues with our hybrid deployment?
j
Hi Joel, how much downtime would be too much?
Checking the “switch to hybrid” button disables the serverless agent immediately, correct?
It immediately starts spinning down the provisioned resources. It may take a few minutes to complete. In the meantime you should be able to get the hybrid agent running, so in the happy path I’d expect a few minutes of downtime.
Are we able to walk that back if we have issues with our hybrid deployment?
There are also caveats with spinning down then immediately back up- if you go this route, ping us to watch over it The lowest downtime option would be to set up a separate hybrid deployment or separate org and get things running on both then shut down the serverless deployment. But that has the most overhead and you’d lose run history
j
Hi Johann, that happy path would be more than acceptable. I'm mostly just concerned with being able to verify our infrastructure, permissions, and networking are all configured correctly before committing to the switch. As long as it's possible to switch back to serverless in the event of a catastrophe, I'm happy with that.
👍 1