I'm experiencing the below error when following <t...
# ask-community
p
I'm experiencing the below error when following this tutorial. Are we expected to manually create the
topstories
table before materializing this asset? I'm using
dagster=1.3.2
and
dagster_duckdb_pandas=0.19.2
. Any input is appreciated!
Copy code
dagster._core.errors.DagsterExecutionLoadInputError: Error occurred while loading input "topstories" of step "topstories_word_cloud":

File "C:\local\Python\lib\site-packages\dagster\_core\execution\plan\execute_plan.py", line 268, in dagster_event_sequence_for_step
    for step_event in check.generator(step_events):
  File "C:\local\Python\lib\site-packages\dagster\_core\execution\plan\execute_step.py", line 335, in core_dagster_event_sequence_for_step
    for event_or_input_value in step_input.source.load_input_object(step_context, input_def):
  File "C:\local\Python\lib\site-packages\dagster\_core\execution\plan\inputs.py", line 187, in load_input_object
    yield from _load_input_with_input_manager(loader, load_input_context)
  File "C:\local\Python\lib\site-packages\dagster\_core\execution\plan\inputs.py", line 801, in _load_input_with_input_manager
    with op_execution_error_boundary(
  File "C:\local\Python\lib\contextlib.py", line 153, in __exit__
    self.gen.throw(typ, value, traceback)
  File "C:\local\Python\lib\site-packages\dagster\_core\execution\plan\utils.py", line 84, in op_execution_error_boundary
    raise error_cls(

The above exception was caused by the following exception:
duckdb.CatalogException: Catalog Error: Table with name topstories does not exist!
Did you mean "information_schema.tables"?
LINE 1: SELECT * FROM public.topstories
                      ^

File "C:\local\Python\lib\site-packages\dagster\_core\execution\plan\utils.py", line 54, in op_execution_error_boundary
    yield
  File "C:\local\Python\lib\site-packages\dagster\_core\execution\plan\inputs.py", line 808, in _load_input_with_input_manager
    value = input_manager.load_input(context)
  File "C:\local\Python\lib\site-packages\dagster\_core\storage\db_io_manager.py", line 168, in load_input
    return self._handlers_by_type[load_type].load_input(context, table_slice, conn)
  File "C:\local\Python\lib\site-packages\dagster_duckdb_pandas\duckdb_pandas_type_handler.py", line 76, in load_input
    return connection.execute(DuckDbClient.get_select_statement(table_slice)).fetchdf()
🤖 1
thistbh 1
y
i believe the
topstories
table will have been created in Step 4 here: https://docs.dagster.io/tutorial/building-an-asset-graph
p
Thanks for the reply. I figured out where I went wrong. I had missed the step to drop the
kids
field from the DataFrame, which was causing problems when trying to write to DuckDB. Things are working for me now after updating my
topstories
asset to include
df = pd.DataFrame(results).drop(["kids"], axis=1)
and manually deleting and recreating the
analytics.hackernews
DuckDB database.
🙏 1