Hello everyone, I was wondering, is there a way to...
# ask-community
j
Hello everyone, I was wondering, is there a way to use sequence number as partition instead of dates or static elements? If so is that done by using
DynamicPartitionsDefinition
? This feature is experimental, so I’m wondering if there is another way or if this is the only one. If anyone have a draft of something related to that that would be helpfull too. Thank you 🙂
🤖 1
s
Hi Jacob, thanks for the question-- I’m a little unclear what you mean here. If you want to use a fixed sequence of numbers, you can use
StaticPartitionsDefinition
. If you don’t know the length of the sequence, then the partitioning scheme is necessarily dynamic, so you’ll need
DynamicPartitionsDefinition
j
It’s a sequence of number but the end is not yet determined. I could use static and create a millions sequential number, but, I’m concern that this may slow down the UI when trying to execute new task or play in the UI. A new partitions (Sequential number) would be created every 10 minutes. I’m better off with DynamicPartitionsDefinition then right?
s
I’m better off with DynamicPartitionsDefinition then right?
yes
🌈 1
l
How about creating TimeWindowPartitionsDefinition by passing a cron schedule?
You can use the partition as is or map the partition over 10 min to get your sequence