An additional QOL nice-to-have in terms of UI/UX w...
# dagster-feedback
j
An additional QOL nice-to-have in terms of UI/UX would be some level of control over the layout of the Global Asset Lineage view. We have a very wide/flat ingestion layer that condenses down to a few downstream assets. The current UI tends to build width-first, which can be fairly limiting and ends up in a lot of wasted screen real estate. Some things I wish I've wished I could do: • Toggle between top-down and left-right dependency organization • Manually move asset groups, drag and drop style • Ability to have asset groups organize grid style, as opposed to single-row only ◦ We have a fair number of asset groups that are ingestion-only with no downstream dependencies, and they tend to be what's cluttering the ui, stretching it out horizontally • An alternative solution to the above is to have assets with no downstreams land above the rest of the graph, visually. I know none of that is simple to implement, so low expectations here 🙂
🙏 1
d
+1 Had similar thought as well when I had to use factory pattern to build around 8 or so assets all spread out width wise.
s
Thanks for the feedback Joel, I’m relaying this to our UI team