hey folks, is there a way to include an IO manager...
# ask-community
c
hey folks, is there a way to include an IO manager in a materialize call even if it is unused by the assets being materialized? I'm dynamically populating a list of assets to materialize (based on user input) and would like to avoid having to check if a particular asset is present to decide whether to include the corresponding IO manager in the run_config. Is there a way to just include the IO manager in the run config regardless of whether it is used?
j
yeah you should be able to do that. Dagster doesn’t do any checks to ensure that all resources in the run config are used by the assets being materialized
c
how would I do that? including it in the run config results in an error related to an unexpected key in the run configuration (unless i include the asset that uses it in the materialize call)
j
oh ok i might be mistaken
let me check
c
Copy code
dagster._core.errors.DagsterInvalidConfigError: Error in config for job
Error 1: Received unexpected config entry "my_custom_io_manager" at path root:resources.
Looks like there was a workaround proposed here https://github.com/dagster-io/dagster/issues/7792 but i don't think this works for my approach using
materialize
No activity on that thread since last year 😞