Hi all! In our most recent release of `dagster-dbt...
# dagster-feedback
r
Hi all! In our most recent release of
dagster-dbt
(0.19.6), we added some experimental APIs to help our users create software-defined assets from their dbt projects in a more composable and ergonomic way. I’ve posted an overview of the proposed API changes in a GitHub Discussion — please chime in if you have any questions or feedback about the proposed changes! Here’s a brief run-through of the changes: “”" There are three main new interfaces that we plan to release as part of this release: 1.
@dbt_assets
(link), a decorator-based interface for users to define software-defined assets from their dbt resources. 2.
DbtCli
(link), an improved and lighter interface for invoking dbt commands within the Dagster framework. 3.
DbtManifest
(link), a representation of your dbt project’s resources (models, tests, macros, etc), which will be used as arguments when invoking (1) and (2). “”"
👌 3
👀 3
r
it's great to see these improvements @rex! one thing I'm struggling with from an ergonomic perspective, is mixing and matching different schedules / partition cadences (weekly, daily, hourly, etc.) across my DBT models from the docs, the best I came up with is sub-selecting DBT assets by their name, using
define_asset_job
, and assigning schedules/partitions per selection. is there a way to define schedules and partitions natively within the DBT model definition itself?