Having an issue with MultiPartitionsDefinition and...
# ask-community
a
Having an issue with MultiPartitionsDefinition and ConfigurableIOManager Have everything working with
daily_partitions_def = DailyPartitionsDefinition(start_date="2022-01-01")
But when I switch to this
Copy code
daily_partitions_def=MultiPartitionsDefinition(
        {
            "date": DailyPartitionsDefinition(start_date="2022-01-01"),
            "things": StaticPartitionsDefinition(['thing1', 'thing2'),
        }
    )
I get an error of dagster._core.errors.DagsterInvalidInvocationError: Partition range 2023-01-10 to 2023-01-10 is not a valid range. Nonexistent partition keys: [‘2023-01-10’] Stack Trace: File “/Users/austinwallace/.pyenv/versions/3.10.6/lib/python3.10/site-packages/dagster/_core/execution/plan/execute_plan.py”, line 262, in dagster_event_sequence_for_step for step_event in check.generator(step_events): File “/Users/austinwallace/.pyenv/versions/3.10.6/lib/python3.10/site-packages/dagster/_core/execution/plan/execute_step.py”, line 335, in core_dagster_event_sequence_for_step for event_or_input_value in step_input.source.load_input_object(step_context, input_def): It doesn’t get to logs at the start of the either my custom ConfigurableIOManager nor my asset. Also, it seems that I can’t get context.partition_key.keys_by_dimension from within my IOManager. Not sure if I’m doing something unsupported, or if I’m going about this the wrong way, or if it’s just a regular bug. Appreciate any help!
s
Hi Austin - it looks like there's an error inside your custom IO manager. Are you able to pinpoint the line inside your custom IO manager that's hitting that error and let us know what Dagster API you're invoking on that line?
a
I’m not sure what the error was, sorry for future people… But it’s gone now!
s
awesome