Hi, I am setting up the schedule, I need to start ...
# ask-community
m
Hi, I am setting up the schedule, I need to start jobs only on certain dates of the year. Is there a possibility of defining custom calendars? I also wanted to ask if there was a possibility to modify the schedule from the UI and not only from code. Thanks in advance
t
Hey Marco! What are the certain dates you're looking for? Cron is pretty flexible, ex.
0 0 25 12 *
means christmas. and if there isn't a pattern between your dates, it might be better to have multiple schedules running the same job. And you can't modify schedules in the UI
m
hello tim, this is a stock exchange calendar, in our case the Italian stock exchange(Borsa Italia). It would be useful to have a single schedule that follows that particular calendar. Is there any way we could pass it on as input? do you have some suggestions?
h
In cron, I’ve done it in the past where I call a script, and the script determines whether to run a job. so saying you want to check daily at midnight whether to run stock exchange task: 0 0 * * * /etc/run_stock_job_decider.sh Then the run_stock_job_decider script has the business logic about what to do. it fires off the task. The decision process could be whatever.