hey folks - I've been materializing an asset local...
# ask-community
r
hey folks - I've been materializing an asset locally during testing, and I see it has "-1" for the count of successful partitions. what does this mean?
c
Hi Rob. This is an error. How did you encounter this error? Did it involve changing a partitions def?
r
@claire I may have changed the start date on a partition def during testing, but I can't recall. when I get some time I can try to repro exactly how to get to this state
c
that would be much appreciated 🙏 happy to help out from there and put in a fix to resolve this
r
@claire yeah so this happened again during a backfill. there were originally 15 failed partitions, then I kicked off a backfill, and it looks like this:
c
@Rob Sicurelli thanks for looking into this--i'll try and repro this and get a fix out
after the backfill concludes, are the numbers correct?
r
yes - the numbers are good after the backfill
c
ah okay, looks like the in progress count might be incorrectly subtracted from the "materialized" count when those in progress partitions have not previously been materialized cc @johann
ack 1
👍 1
j
What version of dagster are you running?
r
@claire that could explain it. all partitions failed the initial run, so I was backfilling 15 failed partitions
j
haha I got it, if a partition has ever been materialized and is in progress and the most recent attempt failed, then we double subtract from materialized
🙏 1
thank you for the details, super helpful
D 1