The asset lineage view on dagit is great, but is m...
# dagster-feedback
b
The asset lineage view on dagit is great, but is missing some details regarding partition mappings. It would be nice if the asset description included what the dependency partition mapping was (even if it's just e.g.
partition_mapping=TimeWindowPartitionMapping(start_offset=-3)
)
🤖 1
s
Hi Brendan, are you referring to on the asset nodes themselves or in the sidebar?
b
The nodes themselves would probably be too cluttered, but the sidebar would have space?
s
I just searched our issues and found one was already open for this: https://github.com/dagster-io/dagster/issues/13987 You should upvote it, I’ll ping our UI people on it to see if they can get it in their queue.
👍 1
b
I'll give it a thumbs up
b
ahh this seems like a cool idea — there should be a banner in the sidebar already showing that the asset depends on partitions of itself, but I like the idea of printing the offset info for added context. Could you see if you’re able to see the existing banner? Want to make sure there isn’t a scenario where it should be displaying but is missing
b
Ah, nice. It doesn't depend on partitions of itself, so I don't get the banner - it depends on multiple partitions upstream (in this case, a given day depends on the last 3 days upstream).
Having a banner in this case expressing that information would be great.
Or really, displaying that information anywhere (so as to distinguish from direct one-to-one mappings).