Hi everyone. I'm encountering an error when connec...
# ask-community
v
Hi everyone. I'm encountering an error when connecting Dagster to Azure PostgreSQL database through the pgbouncer on port 6432. Does anyone know how to fix it? In fact, there don't seem to be any issues with the network or port reachability. Pgbouncer on pgsqlserver is also enabled
Copy code
psycopg2.OperationalError: connection to server at "<http://env-client-index-postgresql-server.postgres.database.azure.com|env-client-index-postgresql-server.postgres.database.azure.com>" (10.10.253.133), port 6432 failed: FATAL:  unsupported startup parameter: options
connection to server at "<http://env-client-index-postgresql-server.postgres.database.azure.com|env-client-index-postgresql-server.postgres.database.azure.com>" (10.10.253.133), port 6432 failed: FATAL:  unsupported startup parameter: options
dagster bot responded by community 1
🤖 1
h
The error message you’re seeing suggests that the PostgreSQL server hosted on Azure is rejecting the connection due to an unsupported startup parameter called “options”. To troubleshoot and resolve this issue, you can try the following steps: 1. Verify the connection parameters: Double-check the parameters you’re using for connecting to the PostgreSQL server. Ensure that the hostname, port, username, and password are correct. 2. Check the PostgreSQL server version: Make sure the PostgreSQL server version on Azure is compatible with the version of psycopg2 you are using. It’s possible that an older server version does not support certain startup parameters. 3. Update psycopg2 library: Ensure that you have the latest version of psycopg2 library installed. You can update it using `pip`: 4. pip install --upgrade psycopg2 5. This will fetch the latest version of psycopg2 available in the Python Package Index. 6. Verify connection settings: If the previous steps don’t resolve the issue, review the connection settings and ensure that you haven’t set any unsupported or incorrect options during the connection initialization. If the issue persists, you may need to seek assistance from Azure support or consult the documentation specific to the PostgreSQL server you are trying to connect to.
❤️ 1
s
Thanks Harry Park for the response. @Vitalii Malii I don’t think this is a dagster issue, but pls confirm that if you can identify it is an azure/postgres issue and you can fix your problem.
❤️ 1
d
We just started running into this as well when we tried to use an externally hosted postgres (in our case managed by the Stackgres operator for HA). I think this might be caused by some options that sqlalchemy is setting that is not understood by pgbuncer. Is there a good way to log that kind of information?