Hi everyone. I´m facing some problems with a senso...
# ask-community
j
Hi everyone. I´m facing some problems with a sensor running in a code server deployment on k8s, with every tick of the sensor failing by timeout, with the following root exception:
Copy code
grpc._channel._MultiThreadedRendezvous: <_MultiThreadedRendezvous of RPC that terminated with:
	status = StatusCode.DEADLINE_EXCEEDED
	details = "Deadline Exceeded"
	debug_error_string = "{"created":"@1687870896.003832471","description":"Deadline Exceeded","file":"src/core/ext/filters/deadline/deadline_filter.cc","file_line":81,"grpc_status":4}"
Checking on the code server deployment, we can see that it consumes a big amount of CPU, in contrast to other code servers under the same dagster instance. However, I cannot reproduce this problem locally, as the sensor will run with no problems, and neither can I see any logs from the sensor using the "experimental schedule/sensor logging view" feature. I´m running on dagster
🤖 1
s
Hey Juan, What is the sensor doing? Are you trying to access some web API that is maybe timing out due to network issues or bad credentials or something?
j
Hi, yes, I have to access an FTP server and it hangs at some point. However the debugging for this is quite poor, since I can´t view the logs, from
context.log
in the sensor UI. Also, I´ve tested running a script similar to the sensor evaluation directly on the code server's pod, which I belive (please correct me if I am wrong) is where the sensor evaluation runs. The script runs normally with the same access credentials.
In the end, the problem with the sensor was a check if there was already a materialized dynamic partition created for a specific file, on the sensor job. This check was being performed once for each file, up to 1000 detected files.
I could see the logs directly from the pod where the code server was deployed.
s
Ah, glad to hear you’ve solved the problem!
j
Thank you!