Hi team! We keep getting the following error in ou...
# dagster-plus
d
Hi team! We keep getting the following error in our branch deployment during CI/CD:
Copy code
Failed to deploy Python Executable. Try disabling fast deploys by setting `ENABLE_FAST_DEPLOYS: 'false'` in your .github/workflows/*yml.
The branch deployment then loads successfully after a few retries using the UI. Any ideas on what the issue could be or how we could debug this? All we get is a
timeout
error message without any specific motive. cc: @Gabriel Montañola
This message contains interactive elements.
s
I received this error message as well. I enabled it to be true and that seemed to work, but I'm not sure if that's recommended.
s
Hi Dennis - we are investigating why there is a potential delay in launching the branch deployment at our end. In the meantime can you please try the following: 1. add
force_rebuild_deps: 'true'
as an argument in the
build_deploy_python_executable
step here in your workflow. Since we cache dependencies by default this would skip the cache in case there is a problem with the cached version. 2. if you still have the issue, you can set
ENABLE_FAST_DEPLOYS: 'false'
at the top here while we debug the issue.
Dennis - if you can also share your full logs for the github action that would be great. (Feel free to DM the logs if you want)
Another thing to check would be if it is possible that your code is doing some long computation during import.
d
Hi @Shalabh Chaturvedi, just sent you the logs via DM!
Another thing to check would be if it is possible that your code is doing some long computation during import.
not sure this would be the problem, the dagster project is loaded quickly locally.