Hello all, I have a question: at the moment, we do...
# ask-community
j
Hello all, I have a question: at the moment, we do not want to use an AutoMaterilizePolicy to update our assets because the experimental tag (and because of organizational context). So at the moment we are using a basic daily schedule to refresh our assets. But we have some assets which needs to materialize for example only the first of eacht month or on each monday. Is their a way to combine basic schedules and FreshnessPolicies? Thank you all in advance for the help.
t
Hi! There isn't a way to combine regular schedules and freshness policies out-of-the-box. May I ask about your concerns about the experimental tag? It's completely valid! but wanted to get your feedback on it.
j
Hi Tim, thank you for your answer and my apologies for my late reply. It is partially the experimental tag ( in the organization they want to be very sure) and partially our current broader set up. Our compute servers are not 24/7 online. They start up at a specific time and we cannot materialize assets before that time. With a schedule we have full control when a run starts but with the automaterilizepolicy it is possible that Dagster kicks off a run before the start up time of our servers. So to be short: a basic schedule does not take into account the possible definied freshnessPolicies? Wouldn't it be a nice feature for the future?