```The python package dagit has been deprecated in...
# dagster-releases
a
Copy code
The python package dagit has been deprecated in favor of a new package dagster-webserver
I still the the installation instructions using
dagit
and the new dagit package is also tagged
. Do we need to change the installation package or is it automatic?
đź‘€ 1
s
Hey Alvin, the instructions will be updated this week with release of 1.4. You should use
dagster-webserver
as a drop-in replacement for
dagit
now, though
dagit
will continue to work through
(it just consumes
dagster-webserver
as a dependency).
đź‘Ť 1
t
Hey @sean, A question to clarify as the doc is not updated yet. Is it: A) The component in the dagster ecosystem will still be called "Dagit" and it's just a package name + cli change Or B) It will be renamed and referenced everywhere as "Dagster webserver" from now on, even if back-compatiblity is maintained ?
a
Hey @sean, Piggybacking on that, where can we find a roadmap / list of future features that will be released in
?
s
A) The component in the dagster ecosystem will still be called “Dagit” and it’s just a package name + cli change
Or
B) It will be renamed and referenced everywhere as “Dagster webserver” from now on, even if back-compatiblity is maintained
It is being renamed everywhere, although it is not as straightforward as using “Dagster webserver” everywhere since “Dagit” has been used to refer both to the server and to our browser UI. The server is now called “the Dagster webserver” and the UI is called “the Dagster UI”. The
dagster-webserver
package runs the server and serves the UI.
🙏🏻 1
Piggybacking on that, where can we find a roadmap / list of future features that will be released in 1.4?
I don’t think there’s anything comprehensive and public, but 1.4 will be released on Thursday and there will be a changelog/migration guide posted at that time.
🙏 1
a
Thanks a lot!
m
fwiw I like the change. I've had several people infer that the "dagit" we were talking about was related to git.