Hello Team, I hope you are doing well. I was wond...
# ask-community
j
Hello Team, I hope you are doing well. I was wondering if it would be possible that create a job that materializes a partition on two different assets. The big problem that I am facing is that both assets are Dynamically Partitioned such that Asset A and Asset B will have some overlapping partitions but will not necessarily has the same partitions. So far I have created the two assets and the job but I am getting the following error. dagster._check.CheckError: Failure condition: The instance is not available to load partitions. You may be seeing this error when using dynamic partitions with a version of dagit or dagster-cloud that is older than 1.1.18. I have seen that there is a post addressing this: https://github.com/dagster-io/dagster/discussions/14715 However, the issue is that for this to work in my scenario I would need to pass the instance through
run_request_for_partition
which is not possible currently. Is this the right way to approach this problem involve overriding the partition or is there a better way to solve this, assuming that it is currently supported? Thanks in advance, Jay
c
Hi Jay. Would you mind sharing your code snippet so I can repro why this error is occurring?
Unfortunately, it's not currently possible for a job to contain assets that are differently partitioned. One option would be to create a job for each partitioned asset, and then yield a run request for each asset in the schedule/sensor.
j
Screen Shot 2023-07-19 at 5.47.13 PM.png
c
Ah.. I see, yep that error is occurring because we don't support dynamic partitioned run requests via
run_request_for_partition
. You'd have to instead yield
RunRequest(partition_key=...)