Hello all, I am getting a basic dagster_dbt import...
# integration-dbt
e
Hello all, I am getting a basic dagster_dbt import error, and I am just not able to figure it out. When I try to import from the build_dbt_asset method using: dagster_dbt import build_dbt_asset_selection it fails: `cannot import name 'build_dbt_asset_selection' from 'dagster_dbt' I am using the lastest version of the library on a recent install. Any suggestions on why this method fails to load?
plus1 1
g
Looks like it changed in 1.4.x (0.20.x for the dagster_dbt library) Downgrading to 1.3.x (0.19.x) should resolve it for now
e
"it changed" meaning the method is no longer supported? I am building a POC for a new implementation, so I want to ensure I have the latest and greatest code set. I don't want to implement anything that is deprecated. Is there a new way to create a collection of assets outside of a group? I am really struggling trying to build a graph of dependent dbt models that exist in two different dbt projects.
g
e
Thank you!
g
You're welcome! I'm still studying the changes too so if you have any questions feel free to come on back and it'll be a good exercise for me too 😅
s
build_dbt_asset_selection
was added in Dagster 1.4, so I would expect you to be able to import it in 1.4