Hello everyone ! (cc <@U051XHJH4NM>) I want to de...
# ask-community
m
Hello everyone ! (cc @Justin Albinet) I want to deploy pipelines which use GCP Bucket as io manager, but from what I understood, in order for this to work I need to set the variable
GOOGLE_APPLICATION_CREDENTIALS
to the path of a credentials.json file (which contains the credentials informations of a service account with correct permission to read/write the specified bucket) As I am deploying the solution using Kubernetes (GKE), is there a way to avoid uploading a credentials.json file inside the user-deployments images I am deploying into Kubernetes ? (like using workload identity for example)
🤖 1
m
This is more of a GCP question than a Dagster question. GKE's intended route for this is that you use k8s Secrets that can securely mount the service account json keys into your pods' filesystems https://cloud.google.com/kubernetes-engine/docs/tutorials/authenticating-to-cloud-platform#importing_credentials_as_a_secret
that step and the following step show how to do this
🌈 1
m
Ok thank you, my question was more “Is there a way to use workload identity instead of specifying a .json credential file inside the pod” But I think I know how to manage it now, thank you 😄
And the secret credential file should be mounted inside every user-deployments pods which uses it ? Because I am using the helm chart (with some personal additions) to deploy dagster, and I don’t see an option to mount secret as volumes on the user deployments
m
It depends what kind of executor you're using since ultimately it's the executor that needs access to its IO Managers
🙏 1