Hello, I'm having issues deploying projects to my ...
# dagster-plus
n
Hello, I'm having issues deploying projects to my serverless instance. Even with the official template (https://github.com/dagster-io/dagster-cloud-serverless-quickstart) I run into the same error :
Copy code
$ /gitlab_action/deploy.py ./dagster_cloud.yaml
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/dagster-cloud", line 5, in <module>
    from dagster_cloud_cli.entrypoint import app
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dagster_cloud_cli/entrypoint.py", line 13, in <module>
    from .commands.branch_deployment import app as branch_deployment_app
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dagster_cloud_cli/commands/branch_deployment/__init__.py", line 10, in <module>
    from ...config_utils import dagster_cloud_options
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dagster_cloud_cli/config_utils.py", line 10, in <module>
    from dagster._core.test_utils import remove_none_recursively
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dagster/_core/test_utils.py", line 22, in <module>
    from dagster._core.host_representation.origin import (
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dagster/_core/host_representation/__init__.py", line 55, in <module>
    from .repository_location import (
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dagster/_core/host_representation/repository_location.py", line 10, in <module>
    from dagster._api.list_repositories import sync_list_repositories_grpc
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dagster/_api/list_repositories.py", line 6, in <module>
    from dagster._grpc.types import ListRepositoriesResponse
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dagster/_grpc/__init__.py", line 11, in <module>
    from .client import (
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dagster/_grpc/client.py", line 11, in <module>
    from grpc_health.v1 import health_pb2
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/grpc_health/v1/health_pb2.py", line 34, in <module>
    _descriptor.EnumValueDescriptor(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/google/protobuf/descriptor.py", line 796, in __new__
    _message.Message._CheckCalledFromGeneratedFile()
TypeError: Descriptors cannot not be created directly.
If this call came from a _pb2.py file, your generated code is out of date and must be regenerated with protoc >= 3.19.0.
If you cannot immediately regenerate your protos, some other possible workarounds are:
 1. Downgrade the protobuf package to 3.20.x or lower.
 2. Set PROTOCOL_BUFFERS_PYTHON_IMPLEMENTATION=python (but this will use pure-Python parsing and will be much slower).
More information: <https://developers.google.com/protocol-buffers/docs/news/2022-05-06#python-updates>
Updating code location example_location
Failed to update code location example_location
None
Cleaning up project directory and file based variables
00:00
ERROR: Job failed: exit code 1
How can I fix this ?
s
Hi Nicolas - do you have an existing project you are deploying or are you deploying a quickstart? Can you try using the newer github actions here: https://github.com/dagster-io/dagster-cloud-action/tree/main/github/serverless. The easiest way might be to use the Add Code Location in the dagster cloud ui which will auto install the newer github actions in your repo. In the meantime I'll take a look at this quickstart to to troubleshoot.
n
Hi Shalabh, thank you for your response. The newer version of the gitlab action script actually fixed my problem.
👍 1