Hello everyone! I'm trying to setup Dagster cloud ...
# deployment-ecs
j
Hello everyone! I'm trying to setup Dagster cloud in a hybrid deployment configuration. The ECS task with the agent is running and connected to Dagster cloud. But I cannot make the Dagster deployment work as the ECS task always ends with this error:
Copy code
CannotPullContainerError: Error response from daemon: pull access denied for 657821118200.dkr.ecr.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/dagster-cloud-serverless-base-py3.8, repository does not exist or may require 'docker login': denied`
I get a similar error locally:
Copy code
$ aws ecr get-login-password --region us-west-2 | docker login --username AWS --password-stdin 657821118200.dkr.ecr.us-west-2.amazonaws.com
$ docker pull 657821118200.dkr.ecr.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/dagster-cloud-serverless-base-py3.8:1.4.2

Error response from daemon: pull access denied for 657821118200.dkr.ecr.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/dagster-cloud-serverless-base-py3.8, repository does not exist or may require 'docker login': denied: User: arn:aws:iam::***:user/jakub is not authorized to perform: ecr:BatchGetImage on resource: arn:aws:ecr:us-west-2:657821118200:repository/dagster-cloud-serverless-base-py3.8 because no resource-based policy allows the ecr:BatchGetImage action
Any idea what could be wrong?
j
That repo is used internally for our serverless agents - I don’t think we make the images publicly accessible (and they probably wouldn’t work with hybrid agents anyway) How is your image getting set? Did you potentially migrate from serverless -> hybrid and maybe still have a reference to it in your cicd config?
j
I'm using the GHA that was installed automatically after connecting the repo So I assume I should be using a different action or just a CLI command to deploy
s
Hi Jakub - for hybrid take a look at the instructions here https://github.com/dagster-io/dagster-cloud-hybrid-quickstart/ for setting up your repo and GHA. It looks like you have the serverless GHA set up on your hybrid repo.
j
Thanks guys for pointing me in the right direction! I followed the example in the quickstart repo and it's working
s