Getting started with dbt cloud and dagster followi...
# ask-community
s
Getting started with dbt cloud and dagster following this doc. In it, it defines a
run_everything_job
and a
run_staging_job
. The
run_staging_job
selects assets based on
AssetSelection.groups("staging")
. When I do this locally, the
run_staging_job
does nothing. I have only one dagster asset group and it’s “default”. So I don’t follow how anyone going through that tutorial would be able to understand how to create a selection… I’m trying to use dagster to create a job to run only specific dbt tags. Can I do this with dagster, or do I need to set up all model selection in dbt-cloud?
o
hi @Sterling Paramore! it looks like that doc didn't get updated with some more recent changes to the integration (and how groups are generated for dbt assets). You can read more about how to set the group names here: https://docs.dagster.io/integrations/dbt/reference#customizing-group-names Tag-based selection is possible with the dbt-core integration (as Dagster has access to all of the project metadata), but not possible with the dbt cloud integration. The closest you could get would be translating those tags to group names using the DagsterDbtTranslator, but this won't work if some tags overlap with each other.