Hello, having trouble with a branch deploy using s...
# dagster-plus
y
Hello, having trouble with a branch deploy using serverless. I'm using python 3.9 seems like some kind of grpc issue?
Copy code
Most recent connection error: dagster._core.errors.DagsterUserCodeUnreachableError: User code server request timed out due to taking longer than 60 seconds to complete.

Stack Trace:
  File "/dagster-cloud/dagster_cloud/workspace/user_code_launcher/user_code_launcher.py", line 1745, in _wait_for_server_process
    client.ping("")
  File "/dagster/dagster/_grpc/client.py", line 190, in ping
    res = self._query("Ping", api_pb2.PingRequest, echo=echo)
  File "/dagster/dagster/_grpc/client.py", line 157, in _query
    self._raise_grpc_exception(
  File "/dagster/dagster/_grpc/client.py", line 135, in _raise_grpc_exception
    raise DagsterUserCodeUnreachableError(

The above exception was caused by the following exception:
grpc._channel._InactiveRpcError: <_InactiveRpcError of RPC that terminated with:
	status = StatusCode.DEADLINE_EXCEEDED
	details = "Deadline Exceeded"
	debug_error_string = "UNKNOWN:Deadline Exceeded {created_time:"2023-08-01T18:11:47.627941422+00:00", grpc_status:4}"
>

Stack Trace:
  File "/dagster/dagster/_grpc/client.py", line 155, in _query
    return self._get_response(method, request=request_type(**kwargs), timeout=timeout)
  File "/dagster/dagster/_grpc/client.py", line 130, in _get_response
    return getattr(stub, method)(request, metadata=self._metadata, timeout=timeout)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/grpc/_channel.py", line 1030, in __call__
    return _end_unary_response_blocking(state, call, False, None)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/grpc/_channel.py", line 910, in _end_unary_response_blocking
    raise _InactiveRpcError(state)  # pytype: disable=not-instantiable
is it due to logging?
maybe I'll remove logs for now
hm, not sure what did it, but I have moved on to a different error lol
yay!
hm, back to that same error
hm, it's intermittent
r
Hi Yang, this error is usually due to your Dagster definitions taking too long to load in serverless. Are you making an API call to an external service to create your definitions, or is this process expected to take a long time?
y
It needs to authenticate with GCP. Could that take a long time? Seems like it stopped doing that today.
I also have too much code loading bc of how I organized the repo. Could that take a long time?