Hi I'm trying to deploy dagster using docker conta...
# ask-community
j
Hi I'm trying to deploy dagster using docker containers and I'm running into issues, for some reason my webserver loads the code fine, however doesn't seem to be receiving heartbeats from dagster-daemon even when the dagster-daemon container seems to be running. I'm wondering what approach I could try debugging this/ what might be causing this issue. If I try running Dagster-Daemon run directly in the webserver container it seems to work but in a seperate container there seem to be issues. For reference I've attached my docker-compose file below, my docker file, as well as my running daemon container, and how the webserver doesn't seem to be receiving any heartbeats.
l
What does your
dagster.yaml
look like? Run storage, event log storage, and schedule storage need to be accessed by both the webserver container and the daemon container - either both services point to the same database backend, or a shared volume for local filesystem storage.
j
Hi Lee yeah I eventually realized that run storage event log storage and schedule storage needs to be configured in the dagster.yaml file. Thanks for the response!