Trying to get automaterializing to work, with some...
# ask-community
e
Trying to get automaterializing to work, with some data from another asset. @asset( key=AssetKey("tights_no_orders_amtest"), # hardcoded while testing group_name='tights_no', auto_materialize_policy=AutoMaterializePolicy.eager(), deps=['tights_no_orders'], # run after this, automatically if the data changes as we use auto-materialize ins={"orders": AssetIn(key=AssetKey("tights_no_orders"))}, ) def orders2(orders): logger.info(f"Orders: {orders}") return orders.head(5) I end up with Caught error: dagster._core.errors.DagsterInvalidConfigError: Error in config for job __ASSET_JOB Error 1: Missing required config entry "ops" at the root. Sample config for missing entry: {'ops': {'tights_no_orders_amtest': {'inputs': {'orders': '<selector>'}}}} I do create the assets it depends on programmatically, but I don't really see what the issue is. I don't use ops here at all. This error is from when I attemt to materialize the dep asset to trigger it manually.
Worked when I removed the deps field
j
hey @Espen Espelund the issue here is that you can’t specify the same asset key in
deps
and
ins
. So removing
tights_no_orders
from one of
deps
or
ins
was the correct thing to do. We’ve improved the error messaging around this case in more recent releases
e
👍