<@U0667DNC02Y> How do I assign ioManager to a `mul...
# ask-ai
b
@Scout How do I assign ioManager to a
multi_asset
s
There was an error processing your request. Please try again.
b
multi_asset
s
There was an error processing your request. Please try again.
b
hi @Scout do you have a response now
s
Hello! It seems like you're trying to mention a specific user with the tag
<@U0667DNC02Y>
. However, as a Dagster AI BOT, I'm here to assist you with any questions or issues you might have related to Dagster. If you have a question about Dagster or need help with something, feel free to ask, and I'll do my best to assist you based on the documentation.
b
multi_asset
s
In Dagster, when you define a
multi_asset
, you can assign an I/O manager to it by using the
io_manager_key
argument. This argument specifies which I/O manager should be used to handle the storage and retrieval of the assets' data. Here's a general example of how you might assign an I/O manager to a `multi_asset`:
Copy code
python from dagster import multi_asset, AssetOut, AssetIn  @multi_asset(     outs={         "asset1": AssetOut(io_manager_key="my_custom_io_manager"),         "asset2": AssetOut(io_manager_key="my_custom_io_manager"),     },     ins={         "input_asset": AssetIn(io_manager_key="my_input_io_manager")     } ) def my_multi_asset(input_asset):     # Your logic here     asset1_data = ...     asset2_data = ...     return {"asset1": asset1_data, "asset2": asset2_data}
In this example,
my_custom_io_manager
is the key for the I/O manager that you want to use for
asset1
and
asset2
. You would define this I/O manager in your resource configuration and then reference it using the
io_manager_key
argument. Please note that the actual implementation may vary based on your specific use case and the version of Dagster you are using. Always refer to the latest Dagster documentation for the most accurate and up-to-date information.