Give me an example of how `latest_materialization_...
# ask-ai
s
Give me an example of how
latest_materialization_records_by_partition_and_asset
can be used, please!
s
Certainly! The
latest_materialization_records_by_partition_and_asset
method is used within a multi-asset sensor to find the most recent unconsumed materialization for each partition for each asset monitored by the sensor. It aggregates all materializations into a mapping of partition key to a mapping of asset key to the materialization event for that partition. Here's an example from the documentation:
Copy code
python from dagster import asset, multi_asset_sensor, DailyPartitionsDefinition  @asset(partitions_def=DailyPartitionsDefinition("2022-07-01")) def july_asset():     return 1  @multi_asset_sensor(asset_keys=[july_asset.key]) def my_sensor(context):     records = context.latest_materialization_records_by_partition(july_asset.key)     # After materializing july_asset for 2022-07-05, latest_materialization_by_partition     # returns {"2022-07-05": EventLogRecord(...)}
In this example,
july_asset
is a partitioned asset with daily partitions starting from July 1st, 2022. The
my_sensor
is a multi-asset sensor that monitors the
july_asset
. When the sensor is evaluated, it uses the
latest_materialization_records_by_partition
method to get the latest materialization records for the
july_asset
by partition. If
july_asset
was materialized for the partition corresponding to July 5th, 2022, the method would return a dictionary with the partition key "2022-07-05" and the associated
EventLogRecord
for that materialization. This method is useful when you want to trigger downstream computations or checks based on the latest materialization of partitioned assets.