<@U0667DNC02Y> here is my repo structure: setup.py...
# ask-ai
s
@Scout here is my repo structure: setup.py dagster_cloud.yaml dagster/ common/ pipelines/ pipeline_1/ pipeline_2/ I want to configure dagster_cloud so that all my package locations are loaded (common, pipeline_1 and pipeline_2) Give me the structure of dagster_cloud.yaml
s
Based on the structure of your repository, you want to configure the
dagster_cloud.yaml
file to include multiple code locations corresponding to the
common
pipeline_1
, and
pipeline_2
directories within the
dagster
directory. Here's how you can structure your
dagster_cloud.yaml
file to achieve this:
Copy code
yaml # dagster_cloud.yaml  locations:   - location_name: common-code     code_source:       package_name: dagster.common     build:       directory: ./dagster/common    - location_name: pipeline-1-code     code_source:       package_name: dagster.pipelines.pipeline_1     build:       directory: ./dagster/pipelines/pipeline_1    - location_name: pipeline-2-code     code_source:       package_name: dagster.pipelines.pipeline_2     build:       directory: ./dagster/pipelines/pipeline_2
In this configuration: - Each
location_name
is a unique identifier for the code location. - The
code_source
specifies the source of the code for each location. In this case, it's a Python package, and you specify the package name relative to your project structure. - The
build
section contains the
directory
parameter, which specifies the directory where the code for that location is located. This is useful if your
setup.py
or
requirements.txt
is in a subdirectory instead of the project root. Please ensure that your
setup.py
is configured correctly to include these packages as part of your project. If you have a monorepo with multiple projects, you might need to adjust the
package_name
and
directory
paths accordingly to match your actual package structure. Remember to replace the
package_name
values with the correct Python package names as they are defined in your project. If your packages are not structured as installable Python packages, you may need to adjust the
code_source
configuration to point to Python files or modules instead.
s
Update the previous code, with the following update in my file structure: setup.py dagster_cloud.yaml dagster/ common/ didag_common/ setup.py pipelines/ pipeline_1/ didag_pipeline_1/ setup.py pipeline_2/ didag_pipeline_2 setup.py the package code is in didag_pipeline_1/ Is it the same structure of dagster_cloud.yaml ?
@Scout Update the previous code, with the following update in my file structure: setup.py dagster_cloud.yaml dagster/ common/ didag_common/ setup.py pipelines/ pipeline_1/ didag_pipeline_1/ setup.py pipeline_2/ didag_pipeline_2 setup.py the package code is in didag_pipeline_1/ Is it the same structure of dagster_cloud.yaml ?
s
Given the updated file structure, the
dagster_cloud.yaml
needs to be adjusted to reflect the new locations of the
setup.py
files and the package directories. Here's the updated structure for your `dagster_cloud.yaml`:
Copy code
yaml # dagster_cloud.yaml  locations:   - location_name: common-code     code_source:       package_name: didag_common     build:       directory: ./dagster/common/didag_common    - location_name: pipeline-1-code     code_source:       package_name: didag_pipeline_1     build:       directory: ./dagster/pipelines/pipeline_1/didag_pipeline_1    - location_name: pipeline-2-code     code_source:       package_name: didag_pipeline_2     build:       directory: ./dagster/pipelines/pipeline_2/didag_pipeline_2
In this updated configuration: - The
location_name
remains a unique identifier for each code location. - The
code_source
now points to the package names that are likely to be defined in the
setup.py
within each subdirectory (
didag_common
didag_pipeline_1
, and
didag_pipeline_2
). - The
build
section's
directory
parameter has been updated to point to the new subdirectories where the
setup.py
files are located for each package. Make sure that each
setup.py
within the subdirectories correctly defines the package and any necessary package data. The
package_name
should match the name you give your package in its respective
setup.py
. If the structure of your Python packages is different from standard practices, you may need to adjust the
package_name
and
directory
paths accordingly.