What causes the dagster DBT CLI to require the pre...
# integration-dbt
c
What causes the dagster DBT CLI to require the presence of DBT cloud? I'm running a model through Dagster, and getting the "you need a dbt_cloud.yml file" error. I've confirmed I don't have the
dbt
package installed, and have removed and reinstalled all dbt and dagster related packages. I have
dbt-core
dbt-extractor
, and
dbt-semantic-interface
installed. Interestingly I've noticed that I can run
dbt build
directly from the command line without issue, but attempting to do it through Dagster throws the error. Any tips for troubleshooting, or does anyone know what triggers the DBT cloud lookup?
b
The dbt Cloud CLI might be installed instead of dbt-core. They are both executed with
dbt …
but the Cloud CLI requires a
dbt_cloud.yml
file
c
For anyone with this issue: There was a dbt.exe located both in my python modules folder, as well as my root python folder. For some reason, Dagster was using the .exe in my root, while manual runs use the .eve in the modules folder. Pip didn't know the root .exe existing so wasn't able to remove it. Fix was simple, just deleted the .exe in my root and the dagster run went smootely. No clue how I ended up with two copies of the .exe though.