I have two @dbt_asset definitions - one selects pa...
# ask-ai
t
I have two @dbt_asset definitions - one selects partitioned assets and the other selects non-partitioned assets. Both of these dbt_asset definitions are materialized in the same job. However, when materializing the job, the two dbt asset definitions are generated in separate steps. How can I have these assets all materialised in a single step?
s
Based on the documentation, when you define dbt assets using the
@dbt_asset
decorator and materialize them through a job, Dagster should handle the materialization process. However, the behavior you're experiencing, where partitioned and non-partitioned dbt assets are materialized in separate steps, might be due to how Dagster orchestrates the execution of these assets. The documentation does not provide a direct solution to materialize both partitioned and non-partitioned dbt assets in a single step within the same job. However, it's important to ensure that your dbt assets are correctly defined and that the job is set up to materialize them as expected. If you're encountering issues with the materialization process, it might be helpful to review the following: 1. Ensure that your dbt assets are correctly defined with the necessary dependencies specified. 2. Check if there are any constraints or limitations in how Dagster handles the materialization of partitioned versus non-partitioned assets within the same job. 3. Review the job definition to confirm that it's configured to materialize all the desired assets together. If the documentation does not provide a clear path to achieving materialization in a single step for both partitioned and non-partitioned dbt assets within the same job, it might be a limitation or an area that requires further exploration. For more specific guidance, it would be beneficial to consult the Dagster community or support channels, as they might have encountered similar scenarios and could offer insights or workarounds. Additionally, reviewing the Dagster GitHub issues and discussions could provide more context or solutions from other users who have faced similar challenges. How do I create an
AssetSelection
of m... button Configure AutoMaterialization policy for... button How do I "Materialise All" for assets th... button Configure AutoMaterialization policy for... button Thank you for your feedback!