Spent tonight playing around with dagster ui, oper...
# ask-community
b
Spent tonight playing around with dagster ui, operation based jobs. I’m impressed with the UI and how simple it is to get an ETL job up and running. One thing that is a bit strange (gracefully, with a grain of salt), is that you can’t directly perform a run of partially selected operations, like you can after a run is completed. You have to use this syntax to isolate which operations you want to run, instead. This can get confusing. Is there any plans to be able to launch partial jobs directly and not have to use the launchpad syntax? Using this job example:
Copy code
from dagster import job, op

@op
def return_five():
    return 5

@op
def add_one(arg):
    return arg + 1

@job
def do_stuff():
    add_one(return_five())
From the Launchpad I cant isolate a run only executing
add_one
with
ops:  add_one: {}
but after a run, I have the option to rerun, and isolate a specific operation. Is it not possible to do this without going through to the rerun feature?
z
I think you're looking for op selection
b
Yeah, thank you. I would like to see the functionality of the post run section where you can use your cursor to isolate and run, come to the manual run screen so that I dont have to do syntax runs. Azkaban does a good job of this, it’s graphical and has input sections to type your parameters if you want to isolate tasks in your job during a new run.
z
Sounds like it'd be a good request to make a github issue for!