Why am I getting this error ```dagster._core.erro...
# ask-ai
j
Why am I getting this error
Copy code
dagster._core.errors.DagsterInvalidDefinitionError: Cannot annotate `context` parameter with type OpExecutionContext. `context` must be annotated with AssetExecutionContext, OpExecutionContext, or left blank.
for this code, even though my annotation matches
OpExecutionContext
?
Copy code
@op(
    required_resource_keys={"dd_logger", "dd_tracer"},
    out=Out(int, io_manager_key="df_io_manager"),
)
def facility_ba(
    context: OpExecutionContext,
) -> int:
    return 1
s
The error message you're encountering is a bit puzzling because it states that you cannot annotate the
context
parameter with
OpExecutionContext
, but then it also says that
context
must be annotated with
OpExecutionContext
, which is contradictory. This could be a bug or a misleading error message. However, the code snippet you provided seems to have a syntax error, which is indicated by the
->
characters. This should be
->
to denote the return type of the function in Python. The correct syntax for the return type annotation is as follows:
Copy code
python @op(     required_resource_keys={"dd_logger", "dd_tracer"},     out=Out(int, io_manager_key="df_io_manager"), ) def facility_ba(     context: OpExecutionContext, ) -> int:     return 1
Make sure that your code uses the correct syntax for the return type annotation. If the error persists even after correcting the syntax, it could be due to an issue with the Dagster version you are using or an internal validation error within Dagster. If you are confident that your code is correct and you are still encountering this issue, you may want to check the following: 1. Ensure that you are using the correct version of Dagster where
OpExecutionContext
is a valid type for annotating the
context
parameter. 2. Verify that there are no other parts of your code that could be conflicting with this annotation. 3. Look for any updates in the Dagster documentation or release notes that might explain changes to the way context annotations are handled. If none of these steps resolve the issue, consider reaching out to the Dagster community or filing an issue on the Dagster GitHub repository for further assistance.