Back again! Struggling with importing a dbt projec...
# dagster-plus
d
Back again! Struggling with importing a dbt project still. I got everything working on a branch deployment, but because I have review requirements to merge in Github, I couldn't merge from dagster cloud. I assumed I could merge and import as another dagster project, but deploying that had a rouge commit to main that reverted to generic
branch_deployments.yml
and
deploy.yml
files. Is there a way to import a dagster-ready dbt project repo?
🤖 1
d
Hey David - is re-applying your changes after the import introduces the generic files an option here? I'll check with the team about whether it's expected that it overwrites your deploy.yml and branch_deployments.yml file if they are already present
d
Yeah I ended up making it work. I basically committed my changes twice. Once to get my repo dagster-ready, after which I went into dagster cloud to add the code location. But with the auto-overwrite of those files, the deployment action failed, so I had to merge it again, manually select "try again" on the deployment in dagster cloud, after which it succeeded and I'm off and running
definitely some unexpected behavior there
d
Agreed - one thing is that once you have CI/CD set up to your satisfaction, you don't actually need to do anything in Dagster Cloud to add the code location - did you need any of the changes that it made, or was it a pure revert?
d
No that's a good callout, I also realized I was being superfluous by manually adding the code location. I didnt need the changes, and realized that manually adding a code location was just setting up the CI/CD 🙃 It's been a long few days, I appreciate all the help @daniel
d
All good - we're taking notes on all these papercuts and have a revamp of this flow in the works, appreciate you bearing with it
d
oh yeah, Ive loved dagster the few times I've used it (though this is the first time I'm setting it up), so it was worth it to get here!