This message was deleted.
# ask-ai
s
This message was deleted.
s
To retrieve information about exceptions thrown during the execution of a job, including the stack trace, you can use the
ExecuteInProcessResult
object that is returned when you execute a job in process with
execute_in_process
. The documentation provides details on how to access various pieces of information from this result object, including events and outputs. However, the documentation does not explicitly mention a method for directly retrieving the exception path or stack trace from the
ExecuteInProcessResult
object. Typically, if an exception occurs during the execution of an op within a job, the exception will be raised directly by the
execute_in_process
method, and you would handle it using standard Python exception handling techniques. Here's a general approach to catching exceptions during job execution:
Copy code
python from dagster import job, op, ExecuteInProcessResult  @op def my_op():     raise Exception("An error occurred")  @job def my_job():     my_op()  try:     result: ExecuteInProcessResult = my_job.execute_in_process() except Exception as e:     print(f"An exception occurred: {str(e)}")     # Handle the exception as needed
In the above example, if
my_op
raises an exception, it will be caught in the
except
block, and you can handle it accordingly. If you need to inspect the stack trace, you can use the
traceback
module to extract it from the exception object. If you are looking for a way to programmatically access the stack trace or exception details without catching the exception as shown above, you would typically look for an API on the
ExecuteInProcessResult
object that provides access to the event logs or error information. The documentation does not provide a specific method for this, so you may need to explore the attributes and methods available on the
ExecuteInProcessResult
object or consult the event logs that are part of the result to find the information you need. For more detailed information or specific use cases, you would need to refer to the latest Dagster documentation or seek guidance from the Dagster community or support channels.