Give me an example of a job that invokes an op, an...
# ask-ai
s
Give me an example of a job that invokes an op, and feeds the output of that op into a graph of ops
s
Certainly! In Dagster, a job is a collection of ops (or tasks) that are connected to form a directed acyclic graph (DAG) of computation. Here's an example of a job that invokes an op and then feeds the output of that op into a graph of ops:
Copy code
python from dagster import job, op, graph  @op def fetch_data():     # Imagine this function fetches data from a source and returns it     return {"data": "some data"}  @op def process_data(data):     # This function processes the data in some way and returns a new form     return f"processed {data}"  @op def store_data(processed_data):     # This function stores the processed data somewhere     pass  @graph def process_and_store(data):     processed_data = process_data(data)     store_data(processed_data)  @job def my_job():     raw_data = fetch_data()     process_and_store(raw_data)
In this example: -
fetch_data
is an op that fetches data and returns it. -
process_data
is an op that takes data as input and processes it. -
store_data
is an op that takes processed data and stores it. -
process_and_store
is a graph that takes data, processes it with
process_data
, and then stores it with
store_data
. -
my_job
is a job that invokes the
fetch_data
op and then feeds its output into the
process_and_store
graph. When
my_job
is executed, Dagster will run the ops in the order defined by their dependencies:
fetch_data
will run first, followed by
process_data
, and finally
store_data
. The output of each op is passed to the next op as defined by the connections in the graph.