dagster sensor start a job
# ask-ai
a
dagster sensor start a job
s
In Dagster, sensors are used to monitor events and trigger jobs when certain conditions are met. To define a sensor that starts a job, you can use the
@sensor
decorator along with the
RunRequest
object to specify the job that should be executed when the sensor fires. Here's an example from the documentation on how to define a sensor that triggers a job:
Copy code
python from dagster import sensor, RunRequest, DefaultSensorStatus  @sensor(job=my_job, default_status=DefaultSensorStatus.RUNNING) def my_sensor(context):     if <some_condition>:         return RunRequest(             run_key="unique_run_key_for_this_trigger",             run_config={                 # Define the run configuration here             },         )
In this example,
my_job
is the job that you want to start when the sensor fires. The
some_condition
is a placeholder for the logic that determines when the job should be triggered. The
run_key
is a unique identifier for the run request, which helps in deduplication of runs. The
run_config
is a dictionary that specifies the configuration for the job run. The
default_status
parameter is optional and determines whether the sensor starts as running or not when the Dagster instance starts up. This can be overridden from the Dagster UI or via the GraphQL API. Remember to replace
<some_condition>
with the actual logic that should trigger the job, and configure the
run_config
as needed for your job. If you have any specific requirements or need further assistance with sensors in Dagster, feel free to ask!