Hey so I'd like to redeploy my Dagster Cloud hybri...
# ask-ai
z
Hey so I'd like to redeploy my Dagster Cloud hybrid deployments into new VPCs with a better / more secure networking setup. I'm curious to know if I were to delete a deployment and then re-create it in a new VPC with the same name, will all my run history for that deployment show up?
s
When you delete a deployment and then recreate it with the same name in a new VPC, the run history associated with that deployment is typically stored in the Dagster instance's database. If you ensure that the new deployment is connected to the same Dagster instance database as the old one, your run history should still be available. However, it's important to consider that the run history is tied to the Dagster instance's database, so the continuity of the run history depends on the database and not the deployment name or VPC configuration. As long as the database remains intact and accessible by the new deployment, your run history should show up. Please ensure that you have proper backups and that you understand the connectivity and access controls between your new VPC and the database to avoid any data loss or access issues. If you need more specific guidance or have concerns about the migration process, it would be best to consult the documentation for detailed instructions on migrating deployments or reach out to support for assistance.