How can I create a day partitionned asset using Da...
# ask-ai
a
How can I create a day partitionned asset using DailyPartitionsDefinition that runs last 7 days of partitions until yesterday by default when it is materialized ?
s
To create a daily partitioned asset that, by default, runs the last 7 days of partitions until yesterday when it is materialized, you can use the
DailyPartitionsDefinition
along with a
TimeWindowPartitionMapping
. The
allows you to specify offsets for the start and end of the partition window relative to the current partition. Here's an example of how you might define such an asset:
Copy code
python from dagster import asset, DailyPartitionsDefinition, TimeWindowPartitionMapping, AssetIn  partitions_def = DailyPartitionsDefinition(start_date="2023-01-01")  @asset(     partitions_def=partitions_def,     ins={         "my_asset": AssetIn(             partition_mapping=TimeWindowPartitionMapping(                 start_offset=-7,  # Start from 7 days before the current partition                 end_offset=-1     # End at 1 day before the current partition             ),         )     }, ) def my_asset():     ...
In this example, the
is configured with a
start_offset
of -7 and an
end_offset
of -1. This means that when the asset is materialized, it will, by default, include the partitions from the last 7 days up until yesterday. Please note that the actual implementation of the asset's computation will need to handle the logic for processing the data from the specified partition range. The
only defines the default behavior for partition selection during materialization. Keep in mind that this example assumes that you have a corresponding upstream asset named
my_asset
that is also partitioned daily. If your asset does not have dependencies, you can omit the
ins
parameter and the
AssetIn
definition.