How do I pass a combination of config objects and ...
# ask-ai
s
How do I pass a combination of config objects and asset dependencies into an asset
s
To pass a combination of config objects and asset dependencies into an asset, you can define the asset with a config schema and specify the dependencies using the
ins
parameter. Here's a step-by-step explanation based on the documentation: 1. Define the Config Schema: You can define a config schema for your asset by creating a subclass of
Config
from the Dagster library. This schema will specify the configurable parameters that your asset can accept. 2. Create the Asset Function: When defining your asset function, you can include a parameter that accepts the config object. This parameter should be annotated with the config schema class you defined. 3. Specify Asset Dependencies: If your asset depends on other assets, you can use the
ins
parameter of the
@asset
decorator to specify these dependencies. The
ins
parameter is a dictionary that maps input names to
AssetIn
objects, which can reference upstream assets. 4. Access Config in the Asset Body: Within the body of the asset function, you can access the config values through the config parameter you defined. 5. Materialize the Asset: When materializing the asset, you can provide the runtime config for the asset by specifying the config values in the
run_config
parameter. Here is an example based on the documentation:
Copy code
python from dagster import asset, Config, AssetIn  class MyAssetConfig(Config):     parameter: str  @asset(     config_schema=MyAssetConfig,     ins={"upstream_asset": AssetIn()} ) def my_asset(config, upstream_asset):     # Access config parameter     param_value = config.parameter     # Use the upstream asset     do_something_with(upstream_asset)     # Your asset logic here     return f"Config parameter: {param_value}, Upstream asset: {upstream_asset}"
In this example,
MyAssetConfig
defines a config schema with a single parameter. The
my_asset
function takes this config and an upstream asset as inputs. When you materialize this asset, you would provide the config values and specify the upstream assets in the
run_config
. Please note that the exact syntax for providing the
run_config
and specifying upstream assets may vary depending on your specific use case and the version of Dagster you are using. Always refer to the latest Dagster documentation for the most accurate and up-to-date information.