<@U0667DNC02Y> How do i create job for each of the...
# ask-ai
s
@Scout How do i create job for each of the dbt asset
s
To create a job for each of your dbt assets, you would typically use the
define_asset_job
function provided by Dagster. This function allows you to define a job that materializes a selection of assets. However, since dbt assets are a special case, you would use the
load_assets_from_dbt_project
function to load your dbt models as Dagster assets and then create jobs for them. Here's a step-by-step guide based on the documentation: 1. Load dbt models as Dagster assets: Use the
load_assets_from_dbt_project
function to load your dbt models into Dagster as assets. This function will reflect the dbt models described in the manifest file. 2. Create jobs for dbt assets: After loading your dbt models as assets, you can create jobs for each asset using the
define_asset_job
function. You can specify which assets to include in the job by using the
selection
parameter. Here's an example of how you might define a job for a specific dbt asset:
Copy code
python from dagster_dbt import load_assets_from_dbt_project from dagster import define_asset_job  # Load dbt models as Dagster assets dbt_assets = load_assets_from_dbt_project(     project_dir='path_to_your_dbt_project',     profiles_dir='path_to_your_dbt_profiles',     # Other optional parameters... )  # Define a job for a specific dbt asset my_dbt_asset_job = define_asset_job(     name='my_dbt_asset_job',     selection=AssetSelection.assets(dbt_assets['specific_asset_name']) )
In this example, replace
'path_to_your_dbt_project'
and
'path_to_your_dbt_profiles'
with the actual paths to your dbt project and profiles directories, respectively. Also, replace
'specific_asset_name'
with the name of the dbt model you want to create a job for. Please note that the
AssetSelection.assets
function is used to select specific assets for the job. If you want to create separate jobs for each asset, you would repeat the
define_asset_job
process for each asset you want to materialize. Keep in mind that the exact syntax and functions may vary depending on the version of Dagster you are using and the specific requirements of your dbt project. Always refer to the latest documentation for the most accurate and up-to-date information.